|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
We have four special mitzvos (commandments) on Purim. They are:
- Hear the Megillah. The Megillah is a scroll that contains the story of Purim. We read it on Purim night (Monday) and on Purim day (Tuesday).
- On Purim, it's a mitzvah to rejoice and make others rejoice, too. We do that by sending a gift to at least one friend. It should contain two types of food you could eat right away, like a soda and some cake.
- We give charity to at least two poor people. Additionally, we give generously to all worthy causes.
- Have a special meal! It is a custom for adults to have wine or other drinks. But everyone should enjoy all sorts of good food.
- Plus, we also say a special prayer thanking G-d for the miracle of Purim. We say it in the Grace After Meals and in the Amidah prayer.
|And these are the names of the Children of Israel...||Do A Favor For Yourself!|
| About |