|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 4, No. 18||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
G-d is Awesome! And Then Some!
In the Torah portion of Shemos, Pharoah ordered the Jewish midwives to kill all infant boys. But they did not obey Pharoah because they feared G-d. Fear of G-d, Yiras Hashem, is one of the basic concepts in Judaism!
- There are two levels of fear of G-d. The lower level is fear of Divine punishment. The higher level is the awe we feel before G-d's majesty and mystery.
- Rabba bar Rabbi Huna said, "A man who knows Torah but does not fear G-d is like a treasurer who has the key to the inner vault, but not to the outside gate!"
- Pirke Avos, Ethics of our Fathers, says, "Know what is above you: An Eye that sees. An Ear that hears. And all your deeds are written in a book!"
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- King Solomon said, "The end of the matter is to fear G-d." What's the beginning?
- "The beginning of all wisdom is the fear of G-d!" King David, King Solomon's father, said it!
|Blessed is the One Who Blesses!||Don't Forget to Say "Thanks!"|
| About |