|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 4, No. 16||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Forgive and Forget!
In the Torah portion of Vayigash, Yosef reveals his true identity to his brothers. They felt very sad and embarrassed for having mistreated him. But Yosef forgave them, saying, "It was not you who sent me here to Egypt, but G-d." This teaches us to forgive others and not take revenge or bear a grudge.
- What is "taking revenge"? You ask to borrow a friend's bike, and he refuses. The next day, he wants to borrow your pen, and you refuse!
- What is "bearing a grudge"? You ask to borrow a friend's bike, and he refuses. The next day, he wants to borrow your pen, so you say, "Take it. I share my things - not like you!"
- When some wild teenagers bothered Rabbi Meir, he decided to ask G-d to punish them. His wife, Bruria, told him to pray for them instead!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What is the difference between wrong and right?
- Just because someone wrongs you, that doesn't give you the right to get them back!
|Flame On||Blessed is the One Who Blesses!|
| About |