|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 4, No. 15||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Where: We place the Menorah near the door or window to publicize the miracle. When: After dark. On Friday, light before 4:14 PM. On Saturday night, light after 5:20 PM. What: Candles made of paraffin, beeswax, or oil that burns with a clear light (olive oil is best). How: We add a candle every night, moving from right to left, and light the new candle first, moving from left to right!
- Baruch Atoh Ado-noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam Asher Kiddishanu B'mitzvosav V'tzivanu L'hadlik Ner Chanukah.
- Baruch Atoh Ado-noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam She'asah Nissim La'Avoseinu Ba'yamim Haheim Bizman Hazeh.
- Baruch Atoh Ado-noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam She'hechiyanu, V'kiymanu, V'higiyanu Lizman Hazeh.
- When the Jews entered the Holy Temple after defeating the mighty Greek army, they found enough pure oil to light the Menorah for one day. Yet it lasted eight days until new oil was prepared. Today, we light the Chanukah Menorah to remember the miracles that G-d performed.
- Chanukah also teaches us that just as the Jews found a small jar of pure oil hidden in the Temple, each of us has a pure spark of holiness hidden in our hearts. This spark can never be defiled or destroyed!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What did the lighter say to the Chanukah candle?
- You've just met your match!
|Here's a Bright Idea!||Forgive and Forget!|
| About |