|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 4, No. 12||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Mind Your Manners!
In Parshas Toldos, we read about Yaakov who respects people and Esav who lies and steals. The Torah calls civilized behavior "Derech Eretz." It's something we should show everyone! Here are examples of Derech Eretz:
- Speaking softly
- Sharing others' burdens
- Comforting people if they are upset
- Honoring others
- Not being haughty
- Not passing judgment quickly
- Welcoming others with a smile
- Be sensitive to the feelings of other people.
- A person should always use proper language!
- Cleanliness promotes holiness!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- Our sages say that a person is called by three names. Your parents give you one. Your friends give you a second. Who gives you the third?
- Strangers who see the way you act!
|Fathers Know Best!||Patience is a Virtue!|
| About |