|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 3, No. 25||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Happy Shushan Purim!
- Shushan Purim recalls the victory of the Jews over their enemies in Shushan, the capital of Persia. This took place one day after the miracle of Purim. Therefore, Jews in Jerusalem and in cities that had a wall in the days of Joshua still celebrate on both Purim itself and the next day, on "Shushan Purim"!
- According to our sages, the Jews first accepted the Torah on Mount Sinai out of awe and fear of G?d. On Purim, they accepted the Torah again. However this time, they did it out of love and joy!
- Our sages also say that the Jewish people were saved in the merit of 22,000 boys and girls who learned Torah with Mordechai. May we be redeemed speedily in the merit of all the children who learn Torah today!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What's the difference between Haman and a phone call?
- Nothing! When we are finished with both, we hang them up!
|Purim Sameach! Happy Purim!||It's Clean-Up Time!|
| About |