|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 3, No. 18||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
In this week's Torah Portion, Yisro, we learn about the Ten Commandments. One of the most beautiful is the commandment to keep the Shabbos. Our sages say that Shabbos is more than a day of rest. It is the source of blessing for the coming week.
- We make Shabbos special by eating special foods, wearing special clothes, resting, and learning Torah.
- On Shabbos, we are forbidden to do 39 types of work.
- Shabbos is called a Queen. Just as servants announce a Queen, when she arrives, we welcome the Shabbos by reciting Kiddush over wine. Just as servants escort a Queen when she leaves, we send Shabbos away with a ceremony called Havdalah: we say blessings over wine, spices, and a candle.
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What day is stronger than the rest?
- Shabbos. All the others are "weak" days!
|Do someone a Favor!||Law and Order!|
| About |