|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 3, No. 12||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Where: We place the Menorah near the door or window to publicize the miracle. When: After dark. On Friday, light before 4:10 PM. On Saturday night, light after 5:18 PM. What: Candles made of paraffin, beeswax, or oil that burns with a clear light (olive oil is best). How: We add a candle every night, moving from right to left, and light the new candle first, moving from left to right!
- Baruch Atoh Ado--noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam Asher Kiddishanu B'mitzvosav Vitzivanu L'hadlik Ner Chanukah.
- Baruch Atoh Ado-noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam Sheh Asa Nissim L'Avoseinu Biyamim Haheim Bizman Hazeh.
- Baruch Atoh Ado-noy Elo-heinu Melech HaOlam She'hechiyanu, V'kiymanu, V'higiyanu L'zman Hazeh.
When the victorious Jews entered the Holy Temple, they found enough pure oil to light the Menorah for one day, yet it lasted eight days until new oil was brought. Today, we light the Chanukah Menorah to remember the miracles that G-d performed.
Chanukah teaches us that just as the Jews found a small jar of pure oil hidden in the Temple, each of us has a pure spark of holiness hidden in our hearts. This spark can never be defiled or destroyed!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- Why don't we play Dreidel on a horse?
- Because he will eat the "hay"!
|Here's a Bright Idea!||How High Can You Fly?|
| About |