|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 3, No. 10||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Cheaters Never Prosper!
In this week's Torah Portion, our forefather Jacob meets his uncle Laban who was known for his ability to swindle people. Jacob stays with Laban for 20 years, caring for his sheep. However, Laban constantly tries to swindle Jacob out of his earnings. In the end, Jacob leaves, but not before out-smarting his uncle and taking the flocks that he earned.
- Before every Jewish person is born, he or she is told, "Be righteous, don't be wicked." This not only serves as a warning, it gives us the strength to resist temptation.
- The Torah states, "Do not put a stumbling block before the blind." This teaches us that it's forbidden to give a person advice so that you can benefit.
- Our Sages say that deceiving with words is worse than deceiving with money.
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- If you add to it, you actually take away from it. What is it?
- The truth. Any time you add to the truth, you detract from it!
|Every Day is Mother's Day! And Father's Day, Too!||Here's a Bright Idea!|
| About |