|Jewish Released Time
|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links
|Volume 3, No. 5
|Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.
Thou Shalt Not Steal!
In Parshas Noach, the Torah describes how G-d once flooded the entire world. Only Noah, his wife, children, and the animals in the ark he built survived. Our Sages say that G-d destroyed the world because the people were guilty of stealing. Here are some facts we should all know about stealing.
- Jewish law forbids taking something without permission, even if you intend to return it.
- Stealing even includes making a false impression.
- It's even forbidden to wake someone without reason, because you're robbing him of his sleep!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What's the most valuable thing you can take from someone?
- Time. Once it's gone, you can never give it back!
|Bless My Soul, O Children of Abraham!