|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 3, No. 3||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Say Hello to a Good Bye!
On Friday night, October 1st , we celebrate Shemini Atzeres, the "Eighth Day of Assembly." Our sages explain this day with a parable. Once a king made a banquet for his citizens. After a week, most people went home. However, the king asked his close friends to stay an extra day, because their departure was difficult for Him. Similarly, G-d gave us this holiday right after Sukkos so that we would remain with Him a little longer.
- On Shemini Atzeres, we ask G-d to send rain to the Land of Israel.
- Israel celebrates Shemini Atzeres and Simchas Torah as one day. All other countries celebrate them as two separate days. On the Shemini Atzeres/Simchas Torah holiday, we finish reading the Torah and start it all over again.
- During Shemini Atzeres and Simchas Torah, we dance with the Torah to show our love for G-d!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What goes up and never comes down?
- The joy we feel on Simchas Torah!
|United We Sit!||Sunset, Sunrise|
| About |