|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 2, No. 25||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Food For Thought!
Kosher means "fit" or "proper." Kosher food not only is good for the body, it's good for the soul. Kosher food makes us more sensitive to holy things.
- According to Maimonides, the dietary laws help us master our desires for food and drink, so our desires don't master us!
- Kosher animals chew their cud and have split hooves. The Torah states the pig, camel, rabbit, and hyrax only have one sign. In more than 3,000 years since the Torah was given, no other animal has been found that either chews its cud or has split hooves, but does not have both signs!
- Just as a badge or uniform identifies a soldier, keeping kosher identifies that you are a Jew!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- When does a person have 3 ears?
- When he¹s eating corn on the cob!
|Shul is Cool!||Passover is Coming - Again!|
| About |