|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 2, No. 17||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
To Your Health!
In this week's Torah Portion, Beshalach, G-d promises the Jewish people that if they follow the commandments, He will heal them and keep all illnesses away them from. According to our Sages, by visiting the sick, we too help them get better!
Here are some ways you can help the sick:
- Give charity in honor of the person.
- Make a get well card or room decoration.
- Check his tefillin or mezuzot to make sure they are kosher.
- Get the person's Hebrew name and mother's Hebrew name and say psalms in his or her merit.
- Visit or call whenever you can. This is the mitzvah of Bikur Cholim.
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- What is so special about the mitzvah of Bikur Cholim?
- It not only makes the sick person feel better, it makes you feel better, too!
|Gratitude is a Matter of Attitude!||A Present from our Past!|
| About |