|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|Volume 2, No. 14||Welcome to the World of Rabbi Riddle.|
Awesome! And Then Some!
In this week's Torah Portion, Shemos, Pharaoh orders the Jewish midwives to kill all the newborn boys. But the midwives feared G-d more than Pharaoh. So instead of destroying the infants, the midwives saved them! This shows us the importance of Yiras Shamayim, awe and fear of Heaven. There are two types of fear of Heaven, a lower fear and a higher fear.
- The lower fear is fear of punishment.
- The higher fear is awe of Heaven.
- According to the sage Maimonides, animals need a bridle or whip to control them, but man has the ability to restrain himself!
Rabbi Riddle's Kwazy Kwestions:
- How can you tell how much wisdom a person has?
- Find out how much fear and awe of G-d he has!
|Pardon Me!||Compassion in Action|
| About |