|Jewish Released Time||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
Hayom-Yom for 5, Kislev
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Thursday Kislev 5 5704 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Vayeitsei, Chamishi with Rashi.
Tanya: Here we speak (p. 607)...within those worlds. (p. 607).
"A ladder was standing on the ground." .
Prayer is the ladder that connects souls and G-dhood. And although it stands "...on the ground," the start of Davening being no more than acknowledgement, yet "it's top  reaches the Heavens"  - a state of total Bitul, self-nullification. But one reaches this level through the prior attainment of comprehension and understanding  inherent in P'sukei D'zimra,  in the B'rachot of Sh'ma and in Sh'ma proper.
- (Back to text) Bereishit 28:12, Yaakov's dream.
- (Back to text) I.e. the "peak" of Davening, which is the silent devotional Amida (or Shemona Essrei).
- (Back to text) This is the concluding phrase of the verse "A ladder etc...".
- (Back to text) Of G-dliness.
- (Back to text) "Verses of praise," second section of Shacharit. Siddur pp. 30-42.
| About |